Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

2   +   9   =  

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Re: A6-MMM Dubai Air Wing 747-400 here now 7/31 4:40P
July 31, 2010
1:46 pm
Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.

Head-Honcho
Forum Posts: 1425
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Unfortunately, we weren't able to give a head's up on this one because of its untrackable nature, but it's here now so it's fair game!  It came in around 3:30 and is parked on the A concourse next to their BBJ2 which came in last night.  Don't know why it's here, but we can probably assume Cleveland Clinic...and I don't know when it's leaving, but catch it if you can!

You need to be a member to view our links.

P.S.  Special thanks to the "little birdie!" 😉

July 31, 2010
4:41 pm
Corey Betke
Cleveland, OH

Invincible Geek
Members
Forum Posts: 255

Damn I really wish I had some notice of this.

Curious, if you knew about it why couldn't you share?

July 31, 2010
5:07 pm
Phoenix6
Cleveland,OH

Wanderer Geek
Members
Forum Posts: 21

Is it still here?

"Cats rule, Hornets drool!"——AoA Photography©

Mike

July 31, 2010
5:57 pm
Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.

Head-Honcho

Yes, as far as I know, it's still here...maybe you can get some night shots.  The heat haze should fade away soon!

As for why I couldn't say anything, we try to refrain from announcing certain things that aren't public knowledge and can be thought of as "insider information".  There are certain times when those of us who work at the airport will know of something coming, or have specific times for things like the arrival of Air Force One that we just can't announce for "security reasons".  The Dubai 747 I only heard of from "a little birdie" who heard it from another "little birdie", so I wasn't even sure it was coming, but I did get suspicious when I saw them driving a wide body loader over to the A concourse yesterday!

As a governmental aircraft, it is blocked from all tracking sites and is also considered a "VIP Movement", so even if I had solid information I couldn't have shared it.  Sorry!  Once it's here, well...you can't hide it so it's fair game!

In the future, I may be able to word things in an ambiguous enough way to give a head's up without giving anything away...we'll see!

July 31, 2010
7:03 pm
Corey Betke
Cleveland, OH

Invincible Geek
Members

Alright.

AOPA sends me emails when the president is coming to Ohio or the surrounding states, AF1 isn't the most "secure" information.

August 1, 2010
8:03 am
Phoenix6
Cleveland,OH

Wanderer Geek
Members
Forum Posts: 21

Anyone know if it's still there and maybe a departure time?

"Cats rule, Hornets drool!"——AoA Photography©

Mike

August 1, 2010
8:20 am
Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.

Head-Honcho

I don't know if it's still there or not today...got lucky enough to have the day off again!

And yeah, everyone knows when the POTUS is coming to down, but not the exact hour and sure, anyone can listen to the radios and hear it on approach, etc. , but generally, if something doesn't appear on FlightAware but we know about it, we are supposed to use discretion when posting those things.
The way it was explained to me by Hopkins security was that, in the (extremely) unlikely event something should happen on approach to CLE and they can point to OPShots as the sole source of the information, we would come under some undue scrutiny which personally, I would like to avoid.  It's a CYA sort of thing.
I would welcome anything that can be backed up with an outside source, but I don't want the site to be caught with its pants down, so to speak.

August 1, 2010
9:04 am
Corey Betke
Cleveland, OH

Invincible Geek
Members

Ah okay.  The TFR's for AF1 show when it's active and after a certain amount of time after starts, give or take a few minutes, it arrives like clockwork so basically it could be pinpointed to a five minute window at least from my experience.

I guess I'll stop posting that kinda stuff now.

August 1, 2010
10:54 am
Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.

Head-Honcho

Exactly!  That's the kind of stuff that can be posted...that's public knowledge and we can't get into a problem posting that sort of thing, especially if sources are stated or better yet, linked to!

August 1, 2010
1:11 pm
707guy
Members
Forum Posts: 530

Good explanation Chuck - and as of about 1330 the 744 was still here.  It's parked on the pad in between the A concourse and the Expressjet hangar.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 679

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

707guy: 530

yakc130: 351

masseybrown: 318

Corey Betke: 255

nconrad: 249

michi: 205

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 211

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 15

Topics: 1657

Newest Members:

bertita, perla67, Barbarahat

Administrators: Mark Plumley: 430, Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.: 1425, Cole Goldberg: 271

Re: A6-MMM Dubai Air Wing 747-400 here now 7/31 4:40P | Cleveland GEEK ALERTS | Forum