A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Re: Questions, Comments on Updated Autofill and Edit in Queue Features 10/18/10
October 18, 2010
2:26 pm
Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.

Head-Honcho
Forum Posts: 1425
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi All,

Post any comments for or against the new features presented here in this announcement:

You need to be a member to view our links.

Thanks,

Chuck and Mark

October 21, 2010
8:51 am
yakc130
Outside of KSA Finally!
Members
Forum Posts: 351

Just loaded two shots, but the bird was not in the file, so I had to manually do everything.

The one thing that I don't like is that I cannot seem to type the letters in and have the auto-fill come up the right way. Example. I went to type "BO" for Boeing. It went from "B" manufacturers to "O" manufacturers. It would only allow one letter to be typed before trying to auto-fill. I had to scroll all the way down to what I wanted. The same with trying to type "Cleveland" for the location.

Might just be me since I don't upload very often, and when I do, it's been months since the last time I did.

Am I missing something here?

Doug

Out of the sandbox, finally!

October 21, 2010
11:41 am
Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.

Head-Honcho

Hmmm...actually, the aircraft you uploaded IS already in the database.  You should have been able to enter the registration, the airport and date, and hit autofill.  You're saying this did not work for you?

As for the other, just enter "B" and go from there.

October 21, 2010
1:05 pm
yakc130
Outside of KSA Finally!
Members

The first time, I had to enter all of it manually. The second shot, the auto-fill feature sorta worked.

As far as the rest of it, when I hit "C" to enter CLE, it went to the first country that begins with a "C." So, I had to scroll all the way down to the section for  the United States, then Ohio, then Cleveland.

Isn't there an option to cut down on this? I know on my emailboxes, when I go to start an email, I can enter one, or all the letters of someone's addy, and it will auto-fill below the typed line so that I can choose who I want.

Doug

October 22, 2010
11:32 am
Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.

Head-Honcho

Sorry...been busy, I'll reply to this shortly!

October 22, 2010
8:26 pm
yakc130
Outside of KSA Finally!
Members

OK. I'm working the next two days so I may not be able to check the site. No worries.

Doug

October 23, 2010
7:48 am
Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.

Head-Honcho

I uploaded a shot of the same plane last night and used the autofill and it worked fine for me.  I did have to enter the airline name from the menu though.  I think it may be having a hard time recognizing the new "United (Continental)" name.  (It should have filled that in as well and we're trying to find out why it didn't.)  It did add the date, aircraft and airport information correctly though.

As for entering "C" to find the airport, I don't think there's a way to do that because there are too many variables in the airport list.  If it doesn't come up when you do the autofill you will just have to use the list like usual.  This is typical of any site I've ever uploaded to.  Your email address book works that way because it doesn't have to sort through countries and states to find a contact, just a single list that can be easily alphabetized.

The autofill function makes this easy now by allowing you to enter the three or four letter airport code and it will find it for you.

Hope this helps!

October 23, 2010
10:01 am
yakc130
Outside of KSA Finally!
Members

Yes. I didn't think about the single list email vs. the multi list airport list. Now that makes sense.

Doug

October 23, 2010
3:57 pm
Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.

Head-Honcho

Oh...I forgot to mention...that technique does work under the aircraft and airline menus...just click on the arrow next to the drop box and the window will open up.  Put the cursor over the list and type the letter you need and it will go there.  There are some exceptions and they can't be avoided, but it helps a lot!  8)

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 679

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

707guy: 530

yakc130: 351

masseybrown: 318

Corey Betke: 255

nconrad: 249

michi: 205

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 211

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 15

Topics: 1657

Newest Members:

bertita, perla67, Barbarahat

Administrators: Mark Plumley: 430, Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.: 1425, Cole Goldberg: 271

Re: Questions, Comments on Updated Autofill and Edit in Queue Features 10/18/10 | Technical Issues with Website/Forums | Forum