A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
UA4839 - Frustration of Delays. Why no information?
March 18, 2012
7:12 pm
beagle1966

Citizen Geek
Members
Forum Posts: 106
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

As part of todays chauffeur duties I had to meet UA4839(from BUF), due CLE 10.29am and take a passenger to Willoughby.

At 10.15am I discover that the flight is delayed until 11.01am - no biggie!

What happened over the next few hours demonstrates an airline at its worst!

Delayed until 12.09pm and subsequently 1.01pm, 2.00pm, 3.09pm, 4.45pm, 6.00pm, 7.15pm and is currently promised an arrival in Cleveland at 8.30pm.

My gripe is why does nobody at CLE seem to know why? I was given various possible reasons, all of which were plausible but in successive combination totally unbelieveable!

My employer pulled me off the "long wait" at 5.30pm and sent me home and gave a late shift driver the pleasure.

The aircraft, (a Dash8-300series) seemingly operated a flight last night from EWR to BUF. If something was wrong with it then surely it could have been fixed or replaced overnight as I know operations are not that busy on a Sunday morning.

Why an ongoing delay? Is anybody in charge? Why doesn't UA inform the front line staff on the terminal desks so that they in turn can inform the public accurately,instead of intuitive guesswork which helps nobody?.

If nobody at CLE knew of the reason, why can't someone call Buffalo and find out what is going on?

I suspect UA lost a few BUF-CLE customers today!

Rant over! Any comments anyone?

A slightly grumpy geek!

BEagle 1966

March 18, 2012
9:40 pm
Mark Plumley
Garfield Heights

Webmaster
Forum Posts: 430

Storms?

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

March 19, 2012
6:06 pm
beagle1966

Citizen Geek
Members
Forum Posts: 106

Firstly I apologise for posting this in the wrong place. I thought I'd put it in General Aviation Discussion.

I had my wife check the internet, re:weather, yesterday afternoon and the weather at BUF was just as nice as at CLE before the rains came early evening. I don't think it was that.

Incidentally one of the many excuses trotted out was a problem with the jetway!!! I thought Dash 300's loaded from the ground using the drop down stairway. I don't know if Gate 24 at BUF is a jetway or not.

I also wondered if reasons for delay are numerically coded and the wrong codes kept popping up??

March 19, 2012
10:02 pm
Mark Plumley
Garfield Heights

Webmaster
Forum Posts: 430

My guess is something maintenance related to the aircraft.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

March 19, 2012
11:33 pm
Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.

Head-Honcho
Forum Posts: 1425

What the heck?  I wrote out an entire reply earlier but I don't see it? 

Anyway...I don't know what happened yesterday, but when I go back to work Wednesday I'll ask around.  I would bet it was maintenance related as well, and I'm sorry information wasn't more forthcoming for you.  We update everyone on exactly what is going on and why you got no answers is kind of a mystery to me.  Sometimes information can be sketchy at first, but over that amount of time you should have received some solid answers.  I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 679

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

707guy: 530

yakc130: 351

masseybrown: 318

Corey Betke: 255

nconrad: 249

michi: 205

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 211

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 15

Topics: 1657

Newest Members:

bertita, perla67, Barbarahat

Administrators: Mark Plumley: 430, Chuck Slusarczyk Jr.: 1425, Cole Goldberg: 271

UA4839 - Frustration of Delays. Why no information? | Cleveland Service Updates | Forum